Please join us in celebrating the following writers and their work, which we’ve nominated for the Pushcart Prize this year. It’s always hard to choose from all the excellent work we are honored to publish, but these stood out to us for their fresh insights into the current social moment in which we live.
- Renée Branum, “Bolt” (42.1, winner of our 2016 Editors’ Award in Nonfiction)
- Natalie Disney, “Blind Field” (42.1, fiction)
- Tony Hoagland, “Feeling Generous” (42.1, poetry)
- Brian Kearney, “American Jumble 2” (42.2, graphic narrative)
- Raven Leilani, “The Void Witch” (Aquifer, fiction)
- Robert Wrigley, “Horses” (42.1, poetry)