Annual Editor’s Prizes
Each year, from January 1 to April 15, we accept submissions to our Editor’s Prizes in Fiction, Creative Nonfiction, and Poetry. Visit our main submissions page between these dates for more information.
Each winner receives publication in The Florida Review and $1,000 upon publication. We also frequently recognize and publish one or more finalists in each genre.
Read our general submission guidelines and familiarize yourself with our magazine’s needs.
- For prose, submit up to 30 pages (9,000 words) (double-spaced Word doc or PDF).
- For poetry, submit up to 5 poems (Word doc or PDF).
- Contest manuscripts should contain only the title(s) – not the writer’s name or other identifying information. Submit a cover letter (in Submittable) or a cover sheet (if mailed) that includes the manuscript title(s) and writer’s name, email address, phone number, and mailing address.
- Entry fee of $25 includes a one-year subscription to The Florida Review.
- All submissions will be considered for publication.
- Simultaneous submissions are fine if withdrawn immediately upon acceptance elsewhere.
- Please be sure to select the correct contest category in Submittable.