Annual Editors’ Awards
Each year between January 1 and March 31, we accept submissions to our three Editors’ Awards contests in Fiction, Creative Nonfiction, and Poetry.
Each winner receives publication in The Florida Review and $1,000 (upon publication). We also frequently recognize and publish one or more finalists in each genre.
You may also wish to read our general submission guidelines and/or familiarize yourself with our magazine to find out more about what kind of work we publish.
- For prose, submit up to 25 pages (6,500 words) (double-spaced Word doc preferred, but will also accept pdf).
- For poetry, submit up to 5 poems (single-spaced Word doc preferred, but will also accept pdf).
- This is a blind-read contest. The manuscript should have only the title(s) – not the writer’s name or other identifying information on any page. Submit a cover sheet that includes the manuscript title(s) and the writer’s name, email address, phone number, and mailing address.
- Entry fee of $20 includes a one-year subscription to The Florida Review.
- All submissions will be considered for publication.
- Simultaneous submissions are fine if withdrawn immediately upon acceptance elsewhere.
- Make sure to select the correct contest category in Submittable.