Annual Editors’ Awards
Each year between January 1 and April 15, we accept submissions to our three Editors’ Awards contests in Fiction, Creative Nonfiction, and Poetry. Or go to our main submissions page for all the options.
Each winner receives publication in The Florida Review and $1,000 (upon publication). We also frequently recognize and publish one or more finalists in each genre.
You may also wish to read our general submission guidelines and/or familiarize yourself with our magazine to find out more about what kind of work we publish.
- For prose, submit up to 25 pages (6,500 words) (double-spaced Word doc preferred, but will also accept pdf).
- For poetry, submit up to 5 poems (single-spaced Word doc preferred, but will also accept pdf).
- This is a blind-read contest. The manuscript should have only the title(s) – not the writer’s name or other identifying information on any page. Submit a cover letter (in Submittable) or a cover sheet (if mailed) that includes the manuscript title(s) and the writer’s name, email address, phone number, and mailing address.
- Entry fee of $20 includes a one-year subscription to The Florida Review.
- All submissions will be considered for publication.
- Simultaneous submissions are fine if withdrawn immediately upon acceptance elsewhere.
- Make sure to select the correct contest category in Submittable.